Brazil’s Bolsonaro ripped into leftist climate activists Leonardo DiCaprio and Greta Thurnberg, who he called “Greta Timberlake,” in a hilarious Twitter rant, blasting the celebrity environmental pearl-clutchers for their complaints about “deforestation” under his administration.
That rant came as a response to a tweet posted by actor Leonardo DiCaprio, who said:
How extensive is deforestation in Amazonia, one of the most important places on the planet for people & wildlife? According to this map from @mapbiomas, the region has faced an onslaught of illegal deforestation at the hands of extractive industry over the last 3 years.
DiCaprio also included a video of the supposed deforestation in the tweet, as you can watch below:
How extensive is deforestation in Amazonia, one of the most important places on the planet for people & wildlife? According to this map from @mapbiomas, the region has faced an onslaught of illegal deforestation at the hands of extractive industry over the last 3 years. pic.twitter.com/BLxUC3S3z7
— Leonardo DiCaprio (@LeoDiCaprio) July 26, 2022
Bolsonaro responded with force and vigor, hilariously mocking DiCaprio for the hypocrisy of his hand-wringing over the environment while traveling around on a massive, gas-guzzling yacht, saying:
– You again, Leo? This way, you will become my best electoral cable, as we say in Brazil! I could tell you, again, to give up your yacht before lecturing the world, but I know progressives: you want to change the entire world but never yourselves, so I will let you off the hook.
Bolsonaro then continued the rant by hammering DiCaprio for his odd obsession with Brazil as problems ravage other, closer to home nations, saying:
– Between us, it’s weird to see a dude who pretends to love the Planet paying more attention to Brazil than to the fires harming Europe and his own country. One may wonder if you’re obsessed with my country (or its resources) or if you just believe Brazil is the only one on Earth
Continuing, Bolsonaro then mocked DiCaprio again while defending his own conduct and comparing himself favorably to Brazil’s previous, leftist ruler, saying:
– But don’t worry, Leo, unlike the places you are pretending not to see by brilliantly playing the role of a blind man, Brazil is and will carry on being the nation that most preserves. You can carry on playing with your Hollywood star toys as we do our job.
– Actually, in my government average deforestation is way lower than it was in the past, when the crook turned candidate that your Brazilian buddy supports was in power.
– It’s clear that everyone who attacks Brazil and its sovereignty for the sake of virtue signaling doesn’t have a clue about the matter. They don’t know, for instance, that we preserve more than 80% of our native vegetation or that we have the cleanest energy among G20 nations.
– It’s also clear that you don’t know that my government announced a new commitment to eradicate illegal deforestation by 2028, and not by 2030 as most countries. Or maybe you do know that, but for some reason pretend to be ignorant. I hope you not getting too much for this role.
He then finished his epic rant by commenting on other celebrity “environmentalists” and mocked DiCaprio for his past sharing of “misinformation”, saying:
This story syndicated with permission from Will, Author at Trending Politics
"*" indicates required fields