A shocking incident erupted during a KnokX Pro Wrestling event on Saturday when Raja Jackson, the son of former UFC champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, launched an unprovoked assault on independent wrestler Stuart “Syko Stu” Smith. The attack left Smith hospitalized and has triggered a criminal investigation. What began as a supposed wrestling performance turned chaotic as Jackson charged into the ring and slammed Smith onto the mat. The situation escalated dramatically when Jackson, allegedly thinking it was part of the show, unleashed a flurry of over 20 punches to Smith’s head, as seen in footage streamed live on the platform Kick.
The wrestling community is grappling with the implications of this event, particularly since many had initially believed the confrontation to be scripted. Wrestling journalist Sean Ross Sapp from Fightful noted that while the initial encounter was planned, Jackson’s violent assault was not. “The spot with Raja Jackson at Knokx Pro Wrestling was planned. However, Raja Jackson knocked the person out and followed up with a lot of heavy punches to Syko Stu, which were not planned to do that kind of damage,” he reported.
As a consequence of the attack, Smith was rushed to the hospital. Fortunately, it has been confirmed that he is now awake and in stable condition. Wrestler Douglas Malo, who intervened during the assault, recounted the severity of the situation. “He was choking on his own blood and teeth,” Malo said. He admitted that the presence of children in the audience made the scene even more alarming, stating, “Somebody reminded me there are kids there, and then I was like ‘oh my God.’” This highlights the reckless nature of the attack, which has raised serious concerns about safety protocols in such events.
The Los Angeles Police Department responded to the incident and has documented it in a police report, marking the case for further investigation. Meanwhile, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson issued a statement on X, expressing his disappointment and stress over the incident. He emphasized that his son had suffered a concussion days earlier and had been advised against participating in any physical altercations. “It was bad judgment, and a work that went wrong,” he said, stressing that Raja, as an MMA fighter, was out of his element in a wrestling environment. Rampage Jackson stated, “As a father, I’m deeply concerned with his health AND the well-being of Mr. Smith. That being said, I’m very upset that any of this happened.” He offered apologies on behalf of Raja and echoed his hope for Smith’s recovery.
KnokX Pro Wrestling was quick to condemn Jackson’s actions, labeling the assault a “heinous” and “egregious act.” In a public statement, they asserted that what was meant to be a scripted performance devolved into a “selfish, irresponsible act of violence.” They expressed their commitment to monitoring Smith’s recovery and assured patrons that such an incident has never occurred in their 17 years of operation.
The wrestling community is now left to contemplate the ramifications of this violent altercation. It raises critical questions about the responsibilities of those who participate in these events. The lines between performance and real-life violence have blurred, leaving many concerned about safety for both the wrestlers and the audience. Fans and industry insiders alike are awaiting the results of the investigation, hoping it will provide clarity on how such a dangerous escalation could happen in the first place.
"*" indicates required fields