The White House is now denying claims that have been made by the firearm industry in the United States, which has said that the current administration is looking into crafting a policy that would cut off as much as 30 percent of the civilian supply for AR-15 ammunition.
I mean, their claim might not be true — notice I said “might not” be true — but this totally sounds like something ripped right out of the President Joe Biden handbook, so can you blame folks for thinking something like this might be happening?
According to the report published by TheBlaze, Winchester Ammunition, which is a top manufacturer of ammo for our military, and representatives from the National Shooting Sports Foundation, have stated that the White House is considering a new policy that would significantly reduce the amount of civilian 5.56mm/.223 caliber ammunition — which are rounds popularly used by AR-15 rifles — while also causing great risk to our national security at the same time.
“Larry Keane, senior vice president for government and public affairs and general counsel to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, told BlazeTV host Glenn Beck Tuesday that the Biden administration is targeting a government-owned Missouri ammunition plant operated by Winchester as part of its crackdown on guns in the wake of several high-profile mass shootings,” the report said.
“The facility, Lake City Army Ammunition Plant, produces small-caliber ammunition for the United States armed forces under a government contract with Winchester. For years, it has sold ammunition produced at the plant in excess of what the armed forces needs on the civilian market,” TheBlaze continued.
Just last week, in a post that was published on the Truth About Guns blog, the news broke that the Biden administration was “considering” this new policy that would bring the sale of this specific ammunition to an end.
“Keane said he had been in contact with officials from Winchester who told him the administration had recently approached the ammo manufacturer about this plan,” TheBlaze reported.
“They were told that the Army is considering issuing a policy edict in which Winchester would no longer be able to sell into the commercial market excess ammunition above the needs of the military to the commercial market,” Keane stated during his interview with Beck.
The White House says reports of a possible ban on AR-15 ammo sales to the public are “way off.” But @NSSF senior VP @lkeane tells me that’s a LIE: “We have had direct conversations with officials at Winchester” about how the Army IS “considering” this policy change. pic.twitter.com/UW9G7Crahy
— Glenn Beck (@glennbeck) June 21, 2022
Keane then stated that excess ammunition sales currently make up about 30-40 percent of the market for the 5.56 ammo, which he said was the most popularly used round for sporting rifles, which includes the AR-15.
He then issued a warning, saying that cutting off sales to the civilian market would ultimately end in the destruction of 500 jobs and negatively impact the company’s ability to supply the military with the ammunition they need to have in an emergency war situation.
“So that’s going to have a devastating effect on the commercial market for gun owners, as well [as] harm national security and military preparedness,” Keane went on to say during the interview.
Here’s more from TheBlaze report:
Following the initial reporting on the Biden administration proposal, nearly 50 House Republicans led by Missouri Reps. Vicky Hartzler and Sam Graves called on the Biden administration to immediately end consideration of banning the commercial production at the Lake City plant.
“This is a back-door attempt by President Biden to bypass Congress and ban legal and highly popular commercial ammunition used by law-abiding Americans across the country,” Hartzler explained. “The Biden administration has made their priorities clear: dismantle the Second Amendment, compromise military readiness, and push inflation to new heights. It’s time for the Biden administration to stop its attack on our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.”
On Tuesday afternoon, White House deputy press secretary Andrew Bates denied having plans to end excess ammunition sales from the Lake City plant.
The administration is not going to restrict production/sales of excess ammunition currently available for sale to the public (including M855 and SS109) at Lake City Army Ammunition Plant.
— Andrew Bates (@AndrewJBates46) June 21, 2022
“The administration is not going to restrict production/sales of excess ammunition currently available for sale to the public (including M855 and SS109) at Lake City Army Ammunition Plant,” Bates responded to the claim.
Again, that might be true, but given all of the creative ways liberals have come up with in their attempts to steal away our guns and end the Second Amendment right we have to own firearms for the preservation of our liberty and our lives and property, it’s no wonder folks are concerned.
Let’s hope it turns out this is just a rumor and nothing more.
This story syndicated with permission from michael, Author at Trending Politics
Calling All Americans! Patriot Fetch is Conservative Breaking News Headlines every day, all day. Go to PatriotFetch homepage for daily Conservative news or look below for the next hot story!