Former President Donald Trump made an appearance on Sean Hannity’s Fox News program on Wednesday night to chat about a few different topics, including the latest lawsuit that’s been filed against him, his adult children, and his business by the state of New York. It’s kind of strange timing to be attacking Trump right now, isn’t it? Why wait until this late in the year to launch the FBI raid and this lawsuit? Could it have something to do with the midterm elections? Interesting thought…
The Conservative Brief is reporting that during one point in the program, Trump discussed the Aug. 8 raid that was conducted by the FBI at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida, mentioning the items agents took, which included one that he said “could cause a lot of problems” later on down the road. Uh oh. That doesn’t sound good, does it?
Last Sunday, Trump took his first trip back to the estate since the raid and took stock of what was seized by federal agents.
Hannity, who is a close friend of Trump’s, pointed out the FBI had seized a total of 500 documents that allegedly fall under the umbrella of attorney-client privilege before the former president even mentioned the one problematic document.
“They took a lot. I think they took my will. I found out yesterday,” Trump said during the interview. “I said, ‘Where is it?’”
“Am I in it?” Hannity asked humorously before Trump stated for a second time, “I think they took my will.”
“That could cause a lot of problems,” he said before finally cracking a smile at Hannity’s jest.
“That could cause a lot of problems if that gets published for people who won’t be so happy, or maybe will be very happy,” the former president added.
The interview with Hannity came right as a lawsuit against the Trump Organization by New York Attorney General Letitia James was announced Wednesday morning.
“The NY AG is suing Trump and two of his kids, alleging a massive campaign of fraudulent business practices by the Trump Org. She’s also urging federal prosecutors and the IRS to pursue criminal probes,” Politico senior legal reporter Kyle Cheney said in a post on Twitter.
The wide-ranging lawsuit alleges decades of deception and relies on a statute for repeat violations of law. The suit stems from a 3.5 year investigation that began with Michael Cohen’s tesimony to Congress alleging Trump inflated value of assets to win favorable financial deals.
— Kyle Cheney (@kyledcheney) September 21, 2022
“The wide-ranging lawsuit alleges decades of deception and relies on a statute for repeat violations of law. The suit stems from a 3.5 year investigation that began with Michael Cohen’s testimony to Congress alleging Trump inflated value of assets to win favorable financial deals,” he remarked.
James’ lawsuit is seeking, at minimum, $250 million in damages. The suit went on to say that Trump’s personal financial statements “for the period 2011 through 2021 were fraudulent and misleading in both their composition and presentation.”
″The number of grossly inflated asset values is staggering, affecting most if not all of the real estate holdings in any given year. All told, Mr. Trump, the Trump Organization, and the other Defendants, as part of a repeated pattern and common scheme, derived more than 200 false and misleading valuations of assets included in the 11 Statements covering 2011 through 2021,” James stated.
James had previously mentioned she could file a lawsuit against the former president after rejecting an offer to resolve the investigation into his family business a week.
“The Trump Organization has sought to reach a deal with James’s office for months after the office told a court in January it had uncovered evidence the company used “fraudulent or misleading” asset valuations to secure loans and other tax benefits. James has been leading the investigation for three years,” the report noted.
Again, what this really seems to all come down to is an attempt to smash on Trump, and by extension, his supporters, as a means of either discouraging him from running against Joe Biden — should the president decide to run for a second term — or find something that will stick and disqualify him from being a candidate for president.
In the meantime, the hits they are taking out on Trump are also designed to fire up their base to come out to the polls in this year’s midterms in November so they can avoid losing control over both houses of Congress.
Let’s hope they fail miserably.
This story syndicated with permission from michael, Author at Trending Politics
"*" indicates required fields