Former President Donald Trump has been awarded the Theodor Herzl Medallion by the Zionist Organization of America, a group that works tirelessly to help strengthen relations between the United States and Israel, while also combating anti-Israeli bias.
According to Newsmax, an email was sent out to members of the group which stated that it was planning to honor Trump for “being the best friend Israel ever had in the White House.”
“Dr. Miriam Adelson, physician and billionaire, will present Trump’s award on Nov. 13 at the Zionist Organization’s national awards dinner in New York City. Adelson will also honor House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., with ZOA’s Dr. Miriam and Sheldon G. Adelson Defender of Israel Award,” the report stated.
The email then went on to list some of Trump’s accomplishments that led to his being nominated for the award.
- Moving the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem;
- Recognizing Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights;
- Brokering the Abraham Accords peace agreements between Israel, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates; and three months later, between Israel and Morocco;
- Removing the U.S. from the 2015 Iran nuclear deal;
- Stopping U.S. funding of the Palestinian Authority and UNRWA, a group exclusively focused on financing Palestinian refugees and their descendants;
- Recognizing the legality of Jewish settlements in Judea and Samaria;
- Being the first U.S. president to pray at the Western Wall; and
- Issuing an executive order to strengthen Title VI of the Civil Rights Act in order to protect Jewish students
The thing that no doubt eats away at many liberals is that Israelis have, for the most part, looked on the Trump administration and its position on Israel positively. Back in January 2020, then-Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu repeated the description, calling the former president the “best friend that Israel has ever had in the White House.”
A survey that was conducted by the Pew Research Center during the spring of 2019 on 33 countries discovered that Israel was the only country where a vast majority of the population approved of the policies put forward by Trump. In Israel, a total of 71 percent of the people expressed confidence in Trump’s “world leadership.”
You can say what you will about Trump’s personality, but at the end of the day, what matters most is policy, and the former president was excellent in that regard. So much so that many folks in countries around the world recognized his strength.
It’s kind of like that old saying, “a prophet is without honor in his own hometown.” Israel appreciated Trump and the things he wanted to accomplish more than the people who were actually here and experiencing the benefit of his policies. That’s a sad commentary on the state of American politics.
People would rather have a Mr. Nice Guy type in the White House than someone who actually works to preserve their liberty and put policies in place that will improve their economic status. Talk about having your priorities out of order.
Imagine how thrilled Israel will be if Trump announces he’s going to officially run for the White House in 2024?
This story syndicated with permission from michael, Author at Trending Politics
"*" indicates required fields