The United States Supreme Court put out a statement on Thursday revealing that investigators were unable to successfully uncover the identity of the person behind the leak of Justice Samuel Alito’s draft opinion concerning the Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization case last summer. So, in other words, the individual who attempted to sabotage the right just in time for the midterm elections will not have to face any sort of consequences for their actions. Figures.
At times, it feels as if those on the left who engage in this sort of behavior are never going to face justice for the dirty deeds they continue to carry out in the name of destroying the greatest nation on earth. What’s truly sad is they are deluded into thinking what they want to do to our nation, the transformation of it into a Marxist nightmare, is actually what’s best for everyone.
In fact, they are religiously devoted to that very notion. They are the Cult of Marx. Plain and simple.
According to the Daily Wire, Judge Alito stated during the later part of 2022 that the leak of the draft back in May made the “majority in support of overruling Roe and Casey targets for assassination because it gave people a rational reason to think they could prevent that from happening by killing one of us.”
That’s a terrifying thought. It’s possible that the individual who leaked the document wasn’t only thinking about potentially ruining the red wave that was forecast to happen later in the year during the elections, but, perhaps, was so desperate, so infuriated, by the idea that Roe would be overturned, they released the draft early in order to stir up violent sentiment against pro-lifers. I hope that theory is wrong. I don’t want to believe the radical left has gone that far off the edge, but I don’t know anymore.
The Supreme Court published the report along with an unsigned statement that called the leak “one of the worst breaches of trust” in the court’s history. “The leak was no mere misguided attempt at protest,” the statement read. “It was a grave assault on the judicial process.”
“The Chief Justice assigned the task to the Marshal of the Supreme Court and her staff,” the statement went on to say. “After months of diligent analysis of forensic evidence and interviews of almost 100 employees, the Marshal’s team determined that no further investigation was warranted with respect to many of the ’82 employees [who] had access to electronic or hard copies of the draft opinion.’”
“In following up on all available leads, however, the Marshal’s team performed additional forensic analysis and conducted multiple follow-up interviews of certain employees,” the statement added. “But the team has to date been unable to identify a person responsible by a preponderance of the evidence.”
The Marshal’s report reveals that investigators are continuing to analyze some electronic data that has been collected and noted there are still outstanding inquiries at this moment that need to be answered.
“To the extent that additional investigation yields new evidence or leads, the investigators will pursue them,” the report revealed. “If a Court employee disclosed the draft opinion, that person brazenly violated a system that was built fundamentally on trust with limited safeguards to regulate and constrain access to very sensitive information.”
Here are a list of federal statutes the report stated were relevant to the current investigation:
- 18 U.S.C. § 371 prohibits two or more persons from conspiring to commit an offense against the United States or to defraud the United States in any manner or for any purpose.
- 18 U.S.C. § 401 states that “[a] court of the United States shall have power to punish . . . such contempt of its authority . . . as . . . [m]isbehavior of any person in its presence of so near thereto as to obstruct the administration of justice” and “[m]isbehavior of any of its officers in their official transactions.”
- 18 U.S.C. § 641 prohibits the disposition “without authority” of any record or thing of value of the United States.
- 18 U.S.C. § 1030 prohibits intentionally accessing a computer without authorization or exceeding authorized access and thereby obtaining information from any department or agency or the United States.
- 18 U.S.C. § 1503 prohibits “corruptly . . . endeavor[ing] to influence, intimidate, or impede any . . . officer in or of any court of the United States . . . in the discharge of his duty . . . or corruptly . . . influenc[ing], obstruct[ing], or imped[ing], or endeavor[ing] to influence, obstruct, or impede, the due administration of justice.”
- 18 U.S.C. § 1905 prohibits disclosure by federal government employees of information that comes to them in the course of their employment that is known by them to be confidential, including the “identity” of “any person.”
- 18 U.S.C. § 2071 prohibits unlawful removal of any record filed or deposited with any judicial officer of the United States.
The pro-abortion crowd has grown increasingly hostile over the last few years, especially in the wake of Roe being tossed out. How many stories popped up during that time involving radical left-wing activists vandalizing buildings housing pro-life organizations and making threats against crisis pregnancy centers? For awhile, it was almost daily.
Pray for those involved in ministries to save the lives of the pre-born. They need it badly.
My Pillow Coupon Code = ILMF
Tap Here and Use It!
Calling All Americans! Patriot Fetch is Conservative Breaking News Headlines every day, all day. Go to PatriotFetch homepage for daily Conservative news or look below for the next hot story!