Steven D’Antuono, a former top agent with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, has now provided fresh insight into the raid on former President Donald Trump’s Florida estate concerning the unprecedented aggression the Justice Department displayed in the lead up to the controversial incident. In other words, just as many of us have suspected, it seems the FBI and the higher ups in the DOJ were out to get Trump, likely in order to find a way to prevent him from having a rematch with President Joe Biden in the 2024 presidential election.
Folks, our federal law enforcement apparatus has been hijacked by progressives working inside the system. These individuals have managed to get in positions of high authority and are abusing their power to target the political enemies of the Biden administration. We have entered some truly dark days. We must ensure, from this point forward, that we elect conservatives with a back bone to Congress so that we can dismantle the network progressives have built inside and replace it with one that seeks to place limits on the intrusion of the government into our private lives.
According to a report from TheBlaze, “D’Antuono, the top agent in the FBI’s Washington field office when the raid occurred last August, spoke with the House Judiciary Committee last week. In that closed-door meeting, D’Antuono divulged details about internal deliberations that led up to the infamous raid.”
“There was consternation from both sides,” D’Antuono said during a conversation with lawmakers, Politico reported. “DOJ wants stuff. We were pushing back.”
“D’Antuono explained that DOJ wanted the FBI to execute a raid on Mar-a-Lago immediately after a search warrant was approved, but his team wanted cooperation from Trump’s team. They argued, in part, that an aggressive approach was unnecessary because Trump wasn’t at the club, so the documents stashed there weren’t in danger,” the report continued.
“We made comments like this — like, ‘no one is down there anyway at this point,’ right?” D’Antuono went on to add. “It’s empty. The [former] president is gone. He was in Bedminster, or wherever he was. Let’s plan this the right way. We’ve got time.”
Another interesting tidbit that came to light was that the FBI actually had doubts that the documents that were to be the focal point of the Trump raid were actually at risk, however, agents were concerned about how the public would perceive the incident if agency decided to move forward with it.
“Honestly, I didn’t want the spectacle for obvious reasons of why we’re sitting here today,” D’Antuono said during his chat before the committee. “It’s a reputational risk, right, and that’s the way I looked at it from the Bureau.”
The testimony offered up by D’Antuono backs up information contained in a report that was published earlier this year which said that officials within the FBI were worried about the public ramifications of the raid on Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate, however, the powers-that-be within the Justice Department pushed it forward anyway.
Another piece published by the Washington Post said, “On one side, federal prosecutors in the department’s national security division advocated aggressive ways to secure some of the country’s most closely guarded secrets, which they feared Trump was intentionally hiding at Mar-a-Lago; on the other, FBI agents in the Washington field office urged more caution with such a high-profile matter, recommending they take a cooperative rather than confrontational approach.”
Unfortunately, the will of the DOJ was upheld and the raid happened.
The former president is currently facing 37 charges connected with his keeping of classified documents, along with allegations that he obstructed government attempts to retrieve the files in question. He is due to be arraigned on Tuesday in a federal court.
"*" indicates required fields