Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis, who is currently running for the GOP presidential nomination against former President Donald Trump and a handful of others who no one really cares about, unveiled a new 10-step economic policy agenda while hitting the campaign trail in New Hampshire on Monday. Anyone else wondering why the other candidates in the Republican Party are even bothering at this point? Both Trump and DeSantis are leading them all by good margins.
According to The Daily Wire, the platform, which has been officially dubbed the “Declaration of Economic Independence” is a full 10-point outline that is very similar to the agenda that the governor has followed in the state of Florida.
Here’s more from the report:
Under DeSantis, Florida has been ranked as the best economy in the nation, with CNBC calling it “white hot.” The CATO Institute currently ranks Florida as the top state in the country for fiscal policy freedom, which it says consists of “taxes, government employment, spending, debt, and fiscal decentralization.” The institute also ranks Florida first in economic freedom, which includes fiscal and regulatory policy. The state also leads the country in new business startups.
DeSantis’ agenda outlines what it says are the problems with the U.S. economy, including high prices sparked by reckless government spending, lackluster economic growth, a ballooning national debt, an increasingly competitive China, high taxes, and too many regulations. The campaign takes a hard line against communist China, saying that their economic goal is: “We Win. They Lose.”
The DeSantis campaign explained that the “Declaration of Economic Independence” is looking to separate America from the “failed elites that have orchestrated American decline,” China, the horrifically reckless spending our government engages in, central planners, radical leftist agendas, and woke corporations.
For those who are interested in learning more about the points here they are courtesy of the Daily Wire:
- Ending America’s “abusive relationship” with China by reversing “ever-increasing trade deficits, reshore capital and supply chains, and demand that American companies act in accordance with American interests,” the campaign says.
- Achieving 3% economic growth by cutting Biden-era regulations, lowering taxes, and incentivizing investment in the U.S.
- Making America Energy Independent by utilizing the vast domestic energy resources the U.S. has and modernizing the U.S. grid for future growth and national security reasons.
- Clamping down on woke ESG initiatives in major corporations
- Returning the U.S. to an economic system of meritocracy
- Reforming the education system by “support[ing] school choice nationwide, protect[ing] parental rights, reform[ing] accreditation, and steer[ing] funding toward programs and institutions that support the jobs of the future.”
- Protecting American jobs from those who illegally enter the U.S. by enforcing federal immigration laws and securing the border.
- Reining in the Federal Reserve by appointing a Chairman “who will focus on maintaining a stable dollar instead of the political pressures of the day.”
- Ending corporate bailouts and “requir[ing] more transparency from big banks and financial actors.”
- Ending reckless government spending.
— Team DeSantis (@TeamDeSantis) July 31, 2023
This sounds awesome. Of course, Trump’s plans are also good, so I don’t see where we lose with either one of these guys. It’s safe to say that we are going to either have Trump or DeSantis as the GOP nominee. And at the moment, it is heavily leaning Trump. The real question we need to honestly ask ourselves is who stands the greatest chance of defeating Joe Biden in the general election?
Right now, it’s honestly hard to say, though Trump does still have a very, very loyal base of voters in the country. Either way, the goal needs to be defeating Biden and the radical left-wing agenda, culturally, as well as politically.
"*" indicates required fields